ABS PVC uPVC Pipe Weld Cement Plumbers Plumbing Solvent Glue 125ml Trade DIY
Brand New Trade Quality Product (has surfaced rusted on tin but still good to use. to clear before new batch comes.)
A solvent-based pipe weld cement specially developed for bonding rigid uPVC, PVC or ABS and non-pressure thermoplastic pipes and conduits.
Used for jointing rigid uPVC water pipes as well as PVC and ABS. It is also suitable for many applications in the construction industry such as jointing PVC rainwater and internal/external drainage systems.
1. Pipe ends should be smooth and square.
2. Thoroughly clean the pipe end and socket with a cleaning fluid.
Before jointing, the pipe fittings should be checked for position and alignment, both being marked to ensure assembly in the correct position.
Making The Joint
1. Cut pipe squarely and remove swarf from inner and outer edges and lightly chamfer outer edge.
2. Lightly abrade pipe and socket with an emery cloth then de-grease with fresh absorbent paper soaked in MEK cleaning fluid.
3. Using the brush applicator, quickly apply an even and generous coating of adhesive to the pipe in a lengthways direction and a similar but thinner coat to the fitting.
4. Immediately push together to the full depth, without twisting. Hold in place for 20-30 seconds then clean off excess adhesive.
5. Allow at least 10 minutes before handling and a further 8 hours before putting into service.
6. Reseal the tin immediately after use.
Note: Do not mix this product with cleaning fluids and do not dip the pipe into the adhesive.