Bond It AD-FLOOR PLUS FLEXIBLE FLOOR COMPOUND Grey 20Kg
Bond It has been a manufacturer of high performance and high-quality building chemicals such as sealants, adhesives, grouts, cleaners, expanding foams, fillers, decorating sundries, landscaping products and many other similar products, for almost two decades.
Bond IT serves customers across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and North America and offer a comprehensive range of competitively priced products which cater for the widest range of needs.
Bond ITs focus on quality is such that they have long held ISO9001:2008 accreditation and also operate stringent quality control procedures that cover all aspects of their manufacturing operations and service delivery.
Bond IT aim to exceed expectations and their company strapline of ‘Never compromise on quality’ is more than marketing speak.
A protein-free, flexible, high performance internal cementitious floor levelling compound. Suitable for use at thicknesses from 3mm to 50mm (10 to 60mm bulked up with 3mm granite chippings).
- High early strength.
- Suitable for application up to 50mm in one layer.
- Can be applied at 3 to 50mm thickness.
- Low odour formulation.
- Water mix.
- CE Approved: Conforms to EN13813 CT-C25-F6.
An ideal underlay for levelling most common internal subfloors prior to the installation of floor coverings such as ceramic floor tiles, carpet, vinyl and wood flooring (minimum levelling thickness 3mm). Suitable for use with underfloor heating. It also contains powdered latex eliminating the need for separate expensive latex liquids.
May be used over: concrete and cement-based substrates; calcium sulphate (gypsum) screeds (sanded and vacuumed); properly prepared old ceramic tiles, natural stone, terrazzo; properly prepared old water-resistant adhesive residues; new mastic asphalt screeds.
Sub-floors should be clean, dry, structurally sound and free from grease, oil, paint, polish or other contaminants
that may hinder adhesion. Any adhesive or paint residues must be mechanically removed back to a sound base, likewise, all friable areas must be removed and the substrate repaired with a suitable repair compound as required.
• All sub-floors on or below ground level should have an effective damp proof membrane and for the subsequent
laying of flexible floorcoverings or timber should have a moisture content of 75% RH or below. For moisture levels above 75% RH, a surface damp proof membrane should be applied. Contact Technical Services.
• Gypsum and Anhydrite screeds should always be free from moisture. Do not use surface damp proof membranes on gypsum substrates as a method of controlling the moisture content.
• Old ceramic tiles should be thoroughly cleaned and abraded.
• Old water-soluble adhesives should be removed completely and the surface then primed with PRIMER AND FLEXIBLE ADMIXTURE.
• Old water-resistant adhesives should be mechanically removed as far as possible and remaining residue firmly bonded.
Vacuum clean the surface before application of primer.
ABSORBENT SURFACES such as concrete and cement should be primed with a primer such as Bond It PRIMER AND FLEXIBLE ADMIXTURE.
NON-ABSORBENT SURFACES should be cleaned and primed with a suitable primer. Bond It EXTERIOR
PREGRIT is also recommended for this purpose.
• Ceramic should be clean and free from grease before priming.
• Water-resistant adhesive residues should be removed as far as possible before priming.
• New Sanded Mastic Asphalt should be vacuumed before priming. Maximum recommended layer thickness
over mastic asphalt is 3-4mm.
• Wooden floors should be over boarded with 15mm exterior grade plywood rigidly fixed with screws at 300mm centres. Prime as for absorbent surfaces.
• Calcium Sulphate/gypsum screeds should be sanded and vacuumed before priming with 2 coats of Bond It
Primer and Flexible Admixture and left to dry for 24 hours. If LevelMaster AD-FLOOR PLUS is to be used at
thicknesses above 10mm over a gypsum screed.
Note: Not suitable for use over old mastic screeds.
Use 3.6L of clean water for every 20Kg bag of LevelMaster AD-FLOOR PLUS. Slowly add the powder to the water whilst stirring with a suitable heavy duty slow speed drill or paddle. Stir for approximately 3 minutes until a
homogenous lump free mix is formed. If AD-FLOOR PLUS is extended with aggregate (aggregate is added last) for layer thicknesses of 10 – 60 mm: approx. 65% wt. clean silica sand (0.1 – 3.0 mm) or clean 3 mm granite chippings. Do not overwater! Foam while mixing, or settling of the sand aggregate while placing, indicates over-watering.
How To Use
Pour the AD-FLOOR PLUS onto the prepared surface and trowel to a smooth finish. Even surfaces can be obtained using a pin leveller and in higher thicknesses a spiked roller is recommended, Do not mix more than can be laid in 20 minutes. Never add extra water to this product once it has started to set. For higher layer thicknesses (above 3mm) contact with vertical surfaces should be avoided by using edging strip. Edge, interior and movement joints in the floor should not be covered by ADFLOOR PLUS and should be closed with suitable measures. Do not use at temperatures below 5˚C. LevelMaster AD-FLOOR PLUS will accept light foot traffic after approx 4 hours.