Bond It B3 FILL AND FIX EXPANDING PU FOAM Aerosol Beige 750ml
PU foam based on a moisture curing polyurethane pre-polymer. Quick, economical and easy to apply. Improves draught and heat insulation, fills irregular gaps, fixes framework and deadens sound. Can be cut, sawn, plastered and sealed over once cured. Available in 750ml aerosol cans or 750ml gun grade canister which can be used with a standard gun foam applicator (BDAG1 or BDAK45).
Conforms to DIN4102 Class B3. (Foam rating for products with no fire-resistant additives of properties.)
For fitting doors, windows and insulating pipes and filling gaps and can reduce the need for mechanical fixings.
Areas of Application:
- Window setting (where a clean and controlled backfill is required).
- Entrance door linings.
- Any kind of small break-throughs in walls and other cavities.
- Can yield up to 40 times can volume.
The foam can be used at temperatures from +5°C to +25°C. The cured foam is semi-rigid and predominantly close-celled. It is resistant to temperatures ranging from -40°C to +100°C and to ageing, but not to UV-rays. Noise and heat insulation values are excellent.
Surfaces to be bonded must be firm, clean, dry and free from dust, grease or contaminants that may hinder adhesion. They must be moistened well with water. All construction components must be properly prepared prior to foam application. It is advisable to have a Foam Cleaner at hand. The ideal working temperature for both the can and
environment is +20°C. Chilled cans must be carefully warmed in luke-warm water before usage. However, the can must not be heated above +50°C, as there is a risk of bursting. Cans which are too hot, for example after having been left in a vehicle during summer, must be cooled in water. The can should be shaken occasionally during this process to obtain the required temperature faster. Prior to work, and before the adaptor is attached, the can must be shaken thoroughly at least 15 – 20 times. Then the adaptor is attached firmly to the valve. Care must be taken not to overtighten the adaptor and not to activate the valve during this process.
How To Use
- The instructions for the can must strictly be observed.
- The fresh foam will expand by 1½ to 2 times.
- Therefore care must be taken not to overfill joints.
- Fresh foam spills must be removed immediately within the tack-free time with Foam Cleaner.
- Cured foam must be removed mechanically.
- Please Note: Moisture is needed for an even and rapid curing of the foam.
- Inadequate moistening or overfilling of joints and cavities may lead to an unwanted post-expansion of the foam.
- Foam extrusion can be controlled accurately by varying the pressure or by tilting the adaptor.
- For foam extrusion, the valve is pointed down.
- The valve lever is to be activated carefully.
- Once a can has been started, it should be used within four weeks.