Bond It BUILD-MATE BUILDING MASTIC
Traditional oil-based, gunable pointing and sealing mastic for general exterior building use. Offers superior adhesion to all building surfaces and can be over-painted when cured with most conventional oil-based paints. Weatherproof in most applications. Sag resistant and low toxicity. Note: Not suitable for use with uPVC.
Can be used to seal and bed window and door frames manufactured from metal or wood. It can also be used for the maintenance of low rise building joints, seals and flashing and for pointing around precast building materials.
All surfaces must be clean, dry, sound and free from dust, oil, loose particles or any other contaminants that may hinder adhesion. Polythene tape or foam backing should be used in movement joints.
How To Use:
- Apply using a standard sealant gun.
- Cut tip from the cartridge, be careful not to damage the screw thread.
- Cut the nozzle at an angle of 45° to an opening slightly larger than the gap to be sealed, and fix to the cartridge.
- Force the mastic into the full depth of the joint, ensuring good contact with both sides.
- The material may be tooled to a smooth finish using a wetted spatula or spoon.
Do not use on bitumen or asphalt or where joint movement exceeds 5% of mastic area.
Unsuitable for use with uPVC.
BUILDING MASTIC is available in 3 colours – brown, stone and white.