Bond It CONTACT ADHESIVE – Premium Grade Beige 250ml
Bond It has been a manufacturer of high performance and high-quality building chemicals such as sealants, adhesives, grouts, cleaners, expanding foams, fillers, decorating sundries, landscaping products and many other similar products, for almost two decades.
Bond IT serves customers across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and North America and offer a comprehensive range of competitively priced products which cater for the widest range of needs.
Bond ITs focus on quality is such that they have long held ISO9001:2008 accreditation and also operate stringent quality control procedures that cover all aspects of their manufacturing operations and service delivery.
Bond IT aim to exceed expectations and their company strapline of ‘Never compromise on quality’ is more than marketing speak.
“A premium grade, solvent-based, neoprene adhesive with high grab and long open time to enable re-positioning. May be used to bond lightweight materials to vertical surfaces and ceilings. It is predominantly designed for interior use but can be used externally when the adhesive is protected from direct sunlight and water.
Can be used for bonding cork, leather, rubber, metals, wood, chipboard, hardboard, laminated plastics (e.g. Formica), dense textiles, plaster, stone, concrete and smoothing compounds. It will bond rigid PVC and PVCu sheets but the materials should be checked for suitability prior to application as plasticiser migration can occur in some instances. NOTE: This product is not suitable for polystyrene, polythene, polypropylene, silicone rubbers, bitumen or PTFE. The solvent in the contact adhesive may attack certain painted or lacquered surfaces.
Surfaces to be bonded must be clean, dry and free from dust, grease or contaminants that may hinder adhesion.
Whenever possible, materials should be conditioned overnight in ambient conditions of 15-20C/ 60-65%RH.
Very smooth surfaces should be abraded to provide an adequate key.
How To Use
- Stir the glue thoroughly, prior to use, until a uniform consistency is obtained and the material has turned a
- Apply the adhesive to both surfaces being bonded with a notched scraper, brush or trowel to produce a thin film.
- In cool, damp conditions take care that no condensation takes place on the glue lines as it will affect the
- If condensation (evident by a grey “bloom” on the glue) does occur delay bonding until the glue is moisture-free.
- If the open time is exceeded, reapply the adhesive to both surfaces. Leave the adhesive to become touch dry (approx 10-60 minutes depending on drying conditions).
- Maximum open time for this product is up to 75 minutes, however, it is advisable to make bonds within 30
minutes of adhesive application.
- Carefully align pieces to be bonded.
- For panel products, work from the centre outwards to minimise air entrapment. Press the two surfaces together and apply firm pressure with a hand rubber roller, block and mallet or mechanical press.
- Handling and trimming are possible immediately after bonding.
- Not suitable for use with polyolefins or acetate fabrics.
- Do not use on soft (plasticised) PVC or polystyrene.
- Do not use on cellulose painted surfaces or on
- Not suitable for items that may hold hot liquids.
- Do not use in areas subject to continuous immersion in water.
- Do not use at temperatures below 5C.
Allow up to 60 minutes for the initial set. Bond strength will continue to increase for up to 48 hours after application. Do not use infrared heaters or mechanical blowers as the product contains solvent and is highly flammable. Total drying time depends upon ambient temperature and the thickness coverage of the adhesive.