Bond It CONTRACTORS PVA ADHESIVE & SEALER White 2.5 Litre
An all-purpose, contractors grade primer, sealer and bonding agent that dries quickly to give a high bond strength.
Conforms to BS 5270.
Can be used with plaster, cement, timber, gypsum wall boards and paper. Properties as an adhesive include fast drying. It is also a readily dilutable primer for sealing applications or addition to cement and plaster to improve adhesion and cure. High solids content compared with other contractor grades.
All surfaces must be clean, dry and free from dust, grease or contaminants that may hinder adhesion. Remove all
loose material and ensure underlying material is strong enough to take the weight or load to be applied.
How To Use
- Stir well before use.
- As a primer: Suitable as a primer for sand/cement screeds and renderings, for bonding new plaster to old
plaster, on porous brick, stone, floor tiles and new plasterboard.
– Dilute 1 part CG PVA with 2 parts water and mix well. Apply using a brush, working material well into crevices and gaps. Allow the coat to dry before continuing.
- Key Coat & Bonding Aid: For use as a key coat for new plaster, concrete repairs, cement screeds and renders.
- Prime as above then brush apply a second coat of CG PVA undiluted and apply topping whilst CG PVA is still tacky.
- As a key coat for ceramic tiles and painted surfaces, first, ensure that the surfaces will withstand loading on new plaster.
- Apply Bond IT CG PVA undiluted and trowel on plaster whilst still tacky.
- An alternative for these surfaces is to use Bond It PreGrit or to mix 1 part PVA with 1 part water and use to slurry a blend of 1 part Portland cement to 2 parts clean sharp sand and apply with a notched trowel.
- Allow to dry for a minimum of 24 hours and then apply a top coat of plaster or cement.
- Key Coat for porous and rough surfaces, bonding paving, terrazzo, quarry, slate and floor tiles.
- Prime the floor and back of the tiles as specified under priming.
- Mix 4 parts PVA with 1 part water and coat floor and tile backs.
- While still tacky apply sand and cement slurry to the floor and bed in the tiles.
- The bedding should be of a minimum 3mm.
- As an adhesive: Apply to one side and bring together within 3-5 minutes, apply constant moderate pressure by clamps or weights.
- As an admixture: CG PVA will improve workability and adhesion of plasters and cement.
- Cement Admixture: Prime as above then mix 1 part CG PVA: 1 part gauging water and add to cement in place of the gauging water.
- Plaster admixture: Prime as above then mix 1 part CG PVA: 2.5 parts gauging water and add to plaster in place
of the gauging water.