Bond It EXTERNAL RENDER Grey 25Kg
Bond It has been a manufacturer of high performance and high-quality building chemicals such as sealants, adhesives, grouts, cleaners, expanding foams, fillers, decorating sundries, landscaping products and many other similar products, for almost two decades.
Bond IT serves customers across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and North America and offer a comprehensive range of competitively priced products which cater for the widest range of needs.
Bond ITs focus on quality is such that they have long held ISO9001:2008 accreditation and also operate stringent quality control procedures that cover all aspects of their manufacturing operations and service delivery.
Bond IT aim to exceed expectations and their company strapline of ‘Never compromise on quality’ is more than marketing speak.
A pre-mixed render based on sand, lime, cement and additives. A moderate strength renders for moderate strength backgrounds and moderate exposure conditions.
- Allows walls to breathe
- Resists penetrating damp
- Will not chip, flake or peel
- Can be hosed down
- Tough and flexible
- Excellent adhesion
- CE Approved: Conforms to EN998-1
A 25kg bag of Bond It Universal Building Render should be mixed with 4-5L of clean water using a mechanical stirrer. Best results are obtained using as little water as possible. The product may stiffen on standing. Do not add more water; simply re-mix to regain a workable consistency. Use a hawk and trowel to apply the product in a single operation. On low suction backgrounds, a first pass may be necessary prior to build up the full thickness in the second pass.
It is important that the correct grade of render is chosen to suit the substrate and application. Please refer to EN13914-1 design, preparation and application of external rendering. All surfaces must be clean, dry and free from any material which may impair adhesion. Poorly keyed surfaces should be pre-treated with a suitable primer. Faults in the structure must be rectified before rendering. Mask around the areas where the material is to be applied. This must be removed before the material has dried out. Note: In many cases rendering applied to expanded metal lathing is more prone to cracking than when applied to dense masonry. To reduce this risk, lathing must be fixed strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations and relevant codes of practice. Expansion joints should be included as required.
A 25kg bag of Bond It UNIVERSAL BUILDING RENDER should be mixed with 4-5L of clean water using a
mechanical stirrer. Best results are obtained using as little water as possible. The product may stiffen on standing. Do not add more water; simply re-mix to regain a workable consistency.
How To Use
- Use a hawk and trowel to apply Bond It UNIVERSAL BUILDING RENDER in a single operation.
- On low suction backgrounds, a first pass may be necessary prior to building up the full thickness in the second
- For external render applications, we recommend approximately 16mm thickness for sheltered to moderate exposure or 20mm for severe exposure.
- For internal render applications, we recommend approximately 8 – 19mm thickness.
- The thickness should not exceed 25mm. Rule, level and fill as you go.
- Allow the product to ‘pick up’ for approximately 30-60 minutes depending on weather and background suction.
- Using a plastic or wood float, rub up in the traditional way to achieve a flat plain finish. Other appropriate finishes may be achieved by suitable means.
- Cure for 2-3 days before overcoating.
- During rapid drying conditions such as hot climates, curing with a fine spray of clean water may be necessary.
- Protect from unfavourable weather conditions during application and early curing.
- To avoid dampness and discolouration of finishes, rendering should be avoided below DPC or within 150mm of ground level.
When applied at 16mm thickness, coverage is approximately 35m2 per tonne or 1m2 per 25Kg sack. For each mm of thickness, you will require 1.8Kg/m2.
Do not apply in damp, wet conditions or if frost is forecast within 24 hours. Application temperature: 5°C –
30°C.Do not apply on elevations in direct sunlight or where the substrate is hot. Bond It UNIVERSAL
BUILDING RENDER is not suitable for use over gypsum plaster or surfaces that have been previously