Bond It FRAME-MATE DOOR & WINDOW SEALANT
A high quality, water-resistant, waterbased frame sealant with good adhesion to most building materials. Easy to clean, a flexible joint filler which can be overpainted, stained or varnished for colour matching purposes.
CE Approved: Conforms to EN15651-1; F EXT-INT.
Suitable for sealing around door and window frames and soffit boards with limited movement. It can also be used for filling cracks and joints with low movement. It is ideal for use on wood, concrete, brick, natural stone, artificial stone and most common building materials. Note: Not suitable for uPVC.
Ensure all surfaces are clean, dry and free from grease or any contaminants that may hinder adhesion. If necessary, in addition to mechanical means, cleaning with a solvent such as acetone is recommended for degreasing.
Bond It FRAME-MATE does not require a primer on most common construction surfaces. However, in some cases, it may be necessary to prime concrete or other surfaces for optimum adhesion. To determine whether a primer is required a sample should be tested.
How To Use
- Apply using a standard sealant gun with the nozzle cut at an angle of 45°, and to an opening slightly larger than the joint to be sealed.
- Tool using a stick or plastic spatula wetted with soapy water.
- Do not apply to wet surfaces, although wetting immediately afterwards will not have any adverse effects.
- Tools can be cleaned in white spirit prior to curing taking place.
- Remove excess product with a damp cloth.
Not suitable when:
- Applied externally during rainy weather
- Applied at temperatures below +5°C
- Used in joints constantly immersed in water
- Used in contact with bituminous products
- Used in areas of high abrasion, e.g. floor joints.
Resistant to all common household cleaning chemicals. In showers and bathrooms, best results are obtained with a weekly clean to prevent organic build-up. Stains can be removed with commercial bleach.
FRAME-MATE comes in 2 colours: brown and white.