Bond It PU WOOD ADHESIVE Brown 750ml
Bond It has been a manufacturer of high performance and high-quality building chemicals such as sealants, adhesives, grouts, cleaners, expanding foams, fillers, decorating sundries, landscaping products and many other similar products, for almost two decades.
Bond IT serves customers across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and North America and offer a comprehensive range of competitively priced products which cater for the widest range of needs.
Bond ITs focus on quality is such that they have long held ISO9001:2008 accreditation and also operate stringent quality control procedures that cover all aspects of their manufacturing operations and service delivery.
Bond IT aim to exceed expectations and their company strapline of ‘Never compromise on quality’ is more than marketing speak.
One-part moisture-cure polyurethane adhesives specially formulated for waterproof bonding. These products are seawater proof and are resistant to acid and chemicals. For internal and external use.
- Liquid formulation: A solvent-free, rapid setting, brown, liquid PU adhesive which sets in 30 minutes.
- Conforms to BS EN 204 (Class D4 – strength).
Can be used in joinery and carpentry, for bonding garden furniture, staircases, boats, wooden constructions, sandwich panels and insulation materials. It has excellent adhesion to wood, chipboard, laminate, metals, polyurethane, expanded and extruded polystyrene foams, mineral wool, concrete, stone, bricks, gypsum boards and all traditional porous substrates. The adhesive film has very good flexibility and can resist water and frost.
Ensure all surfaces are clean, dry and free from grease, oil or any other contaminants that may hinder adhesion.
How To Use
- WEAR PROTECTIVE GLOVES.
- Remove lid and cut the tip off the nozzle to an angle of 45°.
- Apply the adhesive onto one of the substrates, or to both if the materials are porous.
- Assemble the parts immediately and clamp for at least 3 hours to achieve maximum bond strength.
- With the addition of water to one of the surfaces, the adhesive will slightly expand, filling any irregularities in
Bond It PU30 RAPID WOOD ADHESIVE has an open time of approximately 15 minutes. Setting time will be
achieved after 3 hours with final bond strength after 24 hours.
WEAR GLOVES/ SKIN COVERING AT ALL TIMES.
However, if your skin comes into contact with PU30 follow these instructions. Please note in some cases skin turns black. If in any doubt contact a medical professional, show the packaging.
1. Wipe adhesive off with a dry cloth or paper towel. If you just touched the glue, and it hasn’t yet begun to dry, you should be able to remove it this way.
2. Wash your hands with soap and cold water. If the adhesive hasn’t started hardening, you have a chance of washing it off. The window for this is small so act quickly.
3. Exfoliate. Use a pumice stone or other gritty textured material (eg. soap with sand in it) to rub at the glue until it comes off. Do this slowly and patiently. Exfoliating too vigorously can damage or burn your skin. Alternate between exfoliating and rubbing the area with your own hand to reduce friction. The glue should begin to ball up and come
4. Avoid acetone (nail varnish remover). Acetone will make the glue stick to your skin as it removes your natural oils. Only consider acetone if two body parts are stuck together in such a way that exfoliating is not possible. If this is the case, soak the areas in pure acetone until the glue dissolves enough to pull the skin apart. Forcing this process can tear open the skin, so be patient and work the skin apart slowly.
5.Use a cotton ball dipped in olive oil or vegetable oil to rub off the last remaining bits. This allows you to scrub a little harder without tearing your skin open with the exfoliate. The oil will also act as a moisturiser to your skin.
6. Wash your hands thoroughly. Once you have removed all the glue, it is important to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water to remove any remaining chemical residue.
7. Moisturise. PU30 glue will dry out your skin, coupled with vigorous exfoliation and hand washing, the natural oils in your skin will likely be stripped causing mild irritations. Use good hand lotion to soothe the area.