Bond It PVA ADHESIVE & SEALER White 2.5 Litre
A high solid, high-performance sealer, primer, dust-proofer and bonding agent. Improves adhesion and reduces cracking in cement and plaster. Primes and seals porous surfaces. Quick-drying, durable and has a very high bond strength. Better water resistance, adhesion and flexibility. Excellent drying at low temperatures. Phthalate-free formulation (safer to use). Can be readily diluted without compromising quality.
Conforms to BS5270.
Plaster primer, porous surface primer and sealer – rendering key coat for internal applications – admixture – dust sealer – a general-purpose adhesive for bonding all common construction materials.
All surfaces must be clean, dry and free from dust, grease or contaminants that may hinder adhesion. Remove all
loose material and ensure underlying material is strong enough to take the weight or load to be applied. If required, a sealing/priming coat should be applied and allowed to dry thoroughly prior to the application of Bond It PVA ADHESIVE & SEALER.
How To Use
- As a primer: Suitable as a primer for sand/cement screeds and renderings, for bonding new plaster onto old
plaster, on porous brick, stone, floor tiles and new plasterboard.
- Dilute 1 part PVA with 4 parts water and mix well.
- Apply using a brush, working material well into crevices and gaps. Allow the coat to dry before continuing.
– For cement: Dilute 1 part PVA to 1 part gauging water.
– For Plaster: Dilute 1 part PVA to 5 parts gauging water.
– For dustproofing: As for priming.
- Key Coat & Bonding Aid: For use as a key coat for new plaster, concrete repairs, cement screeds and renders.
- After priming absorbent surfaces as described above, apply a coat of undiluted PVA Bond and apply topping whilst the coating is almost dry but still tacky.
- As a key coat for ceramic tiles and painted surfaces, first, ensure that the surfaces will withstand the loading of new plaster.
- Apply BOND IT PVA undiluted and trowel on plaster whilst still tacky.
- As a key coat for lightweight plasters over painted ceramic tile surfaces and heavy-duty cement rendering (over 9mm).
- Mix 1 part PVA with 1 part water and use to slurry a blend of 1 part Portland Cement to 2 parts clean sharp
sand and apply with a notched trowel.
- Allow to dry for a minimum of 24 hours and then apply a top coat of plaster or cement.
- Key Coat for porous and rough surfaces, bonding paving, terrazzo, quarry, slate and floor tiles.
- Prime the floor and back of the tiles as specified under priming.
- Mix 3 parts PVA with 1 part water and coat floor and tile backs.
- While still tacky apply sand and cement slurry to the floor and bed in the tiles.
- The bedding should be of a minimum 3mm.
- As an adhesive: Apply to one side and bring together within 3-5 minutes, apply constant moderate pressure by clamps or weights.
Do not use in areas where permanent dampness is likely. Do not use on new cement when the cement has not fully
cured, or on surface temperatures below 5C.