Bond It S3 SANITARY SEALANT
Low maintenance, fungal resistant silicone sealant. Contains a biocide to retard unsightly mould growth.
CE Approved: Conforms to EN15651-1,3; F INT, S1.
Ceramics, glass, melamine laminates and sanitary plastics, anodised aluminium, lacquered metals, painted timber, painted plaster, primed or painted concrete and primed metals. For sealing around worktops, basins, sinks; bedding basins to vanity units and also to seal shower trays and shower units. It has been specially designed to seal in damp and humid areas. NOTE: When sealing metallised trims, test for discolouration prior to application.
Ensure all surfaces are clean, dry and free from grease or any contaminants that may hinder adhesion. Remove any old sealant.
How To Use
- Apply using a standard sealant gun with the nozzle cut at an angle of 45°, and to an opening slightly larger than the joint to be sealed.
- For bath surrounds: Half fill the bath with water to allow the sealant to be applied at the joint midpoint.
- If necessary masking tape may be applied.
- If large gaps are to be filled, polythene foam, rod or tape should be used to provide support and minimise
- Tool down within 5 minutes using a wet spatula.
- Any trims should be bedded into the silicone within 5 minutes.
- For sealing waste outlets in sinks and baths: S3 SANITARY SILICONE should be applied so that it will be in compression after tightening of connecting pipes.
- For metallised plastic trims: test for discolouration by sealant before use.
Do not use on bare metal or fresh concrete without priming. Natural stone, particularly marble must be protected by primer/sealer. Not suitable for mirrors. For fixing mirrors use Bond It LN7, MIRROR-MATE or MIRROR-PRO Hybrid Adhesive.
S3 SANITARY SILICONE comes in 3 colours: white, translucent and ivory.