Bond It SBR ADMIXTURE styrene-butadiene copolymer latex White 2.5L
A styrene-butadiene copolymer latex, which increases the flexibility of cement screeds and mortars and improves water and chemical resistance and durability. Suitable for internal and external floors and rendering in areas of continual or intermittent water and chemical contact. Excellent waterproofing admixture that improves adhesion of cementitious screeds and reduces shrinkage and cracking when repairing floor screeds. Also ideal as a bonding agent for new to old concrete.
Can be used as a bonding agent, as an admixture or general purpose primer (tiling etc). For improving a mortar’s, render’s or floor screed’s abrasion and chemical resistance. Key coat applications to substrates with low porosity. For repair patching of concrete and cement screeds, to improve adhesion and flexibility of screeds. Please see the relevant technical data sheet for further information.
How To Use:
- All surfaces should be free from laitance, oil, grease and standing water.
- Unsound surfaces should be scabbled down to a solid base material.
- Key Coat: Mix 1 part Bond It SBR to 2 parts cement by volume and adjust to brushable consistency with
- Mix only enough to use within the hour.
- Brush thoroughly into a clean dust-free substrate, whilst still wet overcoat with the floor or render mix.
- Damp-proofing: Mix the same formulation as in the key coat and apply the first coat with vigorous brushstrokes.
- Allow touch dry then apply a second coat at 90° to the first and allow 48 hours to dry.
- Apply the third coat at 90° to the second coat and while still wet apply the render.
- Renderings/Mortars: Prepare the substrate with the key coat first for best results.
- Mix sand/cement mortar/render and add 5-7.5 litres Bond It SBR per 25Kgs cement, reducing the amount of gauging water accordingly.
- Apply at least 6mm thick.
- Two coats are recommended.
- Granolithic Floorings: Prepare the substance with the key coat first for best results.
- Mix cement: sand: 3mm granite flooring chips 1: 1½: 1½ Use 5L Bond It SBR to each 25Kg of cement, for floors up to 25mm thick.
- For floors greater than 25mm use 2.5 litres Bond It SBR and add water accordingly to produce a semi-dry mix.
- Patching Concrete: Use the key coat and use a 3:1 render mix feathering lightly.
Protect from freezing. Do not use with cement other than OPC without first contacting the cement supplier. Do not use chloride-based frost proofers with Bond It SBR. Do not over mix mortar/render.
Flooring: 5 litres SBR for every 25Kgs cement. Mortar/Rendering: 5-7.5 litres SBR for every 25Kgs cement.
Key Coat: 5 litres SBR per 30m² depending on porosity.