Fire Cement Fire Place Fire Flame Proofing Stove Cooker Aga Flue Outlet Surround 2kg
Brand New 2KG Fire Cement
Ready Mixed Cement For All Types Of Fire & High Temperature Applications
A buff coloured cement which has a consistency similar to putty. Ready to use, blend of high-quality clays and selected fillers that sets rock hard when exposed to heat and air. Resistant to high temperatures, once cured the mortar will resist temperatures up to 1250°C.
Suitable for use on any surface that is exposed to high temperatures including:
- Fitting continuous burning fires.
- Jointing iron flue pipes.
- Building and repairing firebacks.
- Mending cracked and broken bricks ingrates and stoves.
- Pointing between metals and bricks.
NOTE: Internal Use Only: The cement is water-soluble and should not be used outside or where joints can be eroded by water.
Remove all dust and any loose material from the surfaces to be pointed or repaired.
How To Use
- Press FIRE CEMENT well into crevices when pointing ranges, stoves, firebacks etc.
- When rendering or patching, cover the FIRE CEMENT with stiff paper or cardboard and press home; smooth with a trowel – the fire will burn the paper or cardboard away, leaving a hard smooth surface.
- Heat can be applied at once – however, the first firing must be gradual.
- Watchpoint: The cement is water-soluble and should not be used outside or where joints can be eroded by water.
3-5m2 per Kg depending on joint dimensions.