Glass Mate Mirror Adhesive Silicone DIY Ceramics Enamel Metals PVCu Polycarbonate Wood
Brand New Trade Quality Product
A low modulus neutral cure (LMN) silicone for interior mirror fixing. A ready to use, onepart silicone adhesive which is noncorrosive and odourless. GLASSMATE has excellent unprimed adhesion on most mirror coatings and has outstanding resistance to heat and humidity and is unaffected by sunlight, ultraviolet radiation, temperature extremes.
Bond It GLASSMATE is suitable for internal bonding of mirrors, glazed surfaces, ceramics, enamel, metals, PVCu, polycarbonate and treated or untreated wood, to most common substrates.
Ensure all surfaces are clean, dry and free from grease or any contaminants that may hinder adhesion.
How To Use:
- Apply using a standard sealant gun.
- Cut tip from the cartridge, be careful not to damage the screw thread.
- Cut off the top of the nozzle at an angle of approximately 45˚ to an opening of approximately 10mm.
- Screw on nozzle and place cartridge in a standard sealant gun.
- For glass thickness of 2 to 4mm apply a 10mm bead of adhesive at 100mm intervals vertically to the back of the mirror, or surface to be bonded.
- Place the mirror in position and apply even pressure. Provide temporary support (tape) whilst the adhesive cures.
- The edges of the mirror can also be sealed with GLASS-MATE if required but leave 24 hours after fixing.
For glass thicknesses above 6mm, mirrors greater than 1m2 area or mirrors on ceilings or sloping walls, GLASS-MATE MUST be used in conjunction with mechanical fixings.
Note: this product is not suitable for use as a sole fixing for safety backed mirrors.
This product should not be used in the manufacture of structural glazing. It is also not suitable for aquarium assembly or for jointing in swimming pools or other submerged applications. We do not recommend that this product be used in food grade applications. Do not use on surfaces that bleed oils or plasticisers. Do not use in the manufacture of structural glazing. Any mirror made with 6mm glass or thicker needs mechanical fixing. Any mirror on a sloping wall or ceiling must have mechanical fixings. Any mirror greater than 1m2 must have mechanical fixings.
Do not use on Safety mirrors.
The safety backing on some mirrors is not suitable for adhesive fixing with silicone. If using mirrors with a safety backing ALWAYS carry out an adhesion test first.
- Skinning Time = Less than 30 minutes Full Cure 24-48 hours depending on conditions and bead depth
- Extensibility = Up to 450% at breaking point
- Application Temperature = +5 to + 30o C
- Service Temperature = 40 to + 120o C continuous exposure, higher temperatures can be withstood for limited periods
- Adhesion = Good to glass, concrete, ceramics, timber, ferrous metals and most building materials