Premium Grade FS4 Fireshield Fire Stop Intumescent Acoustic Acrylic Sealant Silicone DIY
Brand New Trade Quality Product
A high performance, flexible acrylic intumescent acoustic sealant, which in the event of a fire, will swell to provide an inert barrier to smoke and flames. It has non-slumping and rapid skinning properties. Note: The fire resistance achievable with Fireshield AC depends upon the joint design, depth of sealant and substrates being sealed.
- Permanently flexible
- Conforms to EN 1366-3 & EN1366-4; EN ISO 10140-2: 2010.
Specially designed to form an acoustic and fire-rated, intumescent barrier in construction applications i.e. floor and ceiling joints, dry lining systems, partition walls, etc. It can also be over-painted within 1 hour with fire-resistant paint. Up to 4-hour fire rating achievable.
When subjected to heat Bond It FIRE SHIELD AC swells (intumesces) to provide an inert barrier to
smoke and flame. The fire resistance achievable with Bond It FIRE SHIELD AC depends upon the joint design,
depth of sealant and substrates being sealed. It is non-slumping and rapid skinning.
How To Use
- All surfaces to be sealed must be clean, dry and free from grease, laitance or dust that may hinder adhesion.
- When applying the sealant, ensure all crevices are filled and there is complete contact between sealant and substrate.
- Tool down using a wetted spatula.
- Any excess may be removed using soapy water before FIRE SHIELD AC dries.
- Do not apply in damp conditions.
FIRE SHIELD AC is not suitable in joints where movement exceeds + or – 12.5% of joint width, or in external joints.
Includes 1x 310ml tube, a application gun will be required, see our shop for one if needed.