Professional Painters Decorators Mate Caulk Internal Gap Sealer Flexible Filler Dries in 1HR
Professsional Quality Product
A quick-drying, interior decorators caulk that remains permanently flexible and can be smoothed and over-painted within 1-2 hours of application. Has good adhesion to most building materials including wood, plaster, brick, concrete and plasterboard.
Suitable for sealing and filling cracks in most “alike” materials, such as skirting boards, plastics and polystyrene coving. Note: Not recommended for external use or in wet areas.
All surfaces must be clean, dry, sound and free from dust, oil or any other contaminants that may hinder adhesion. If necessary, in addition to mechanical means, cleaning with a solvent such as acetone is recommended for degreasing.
Bond It CAULK-MATE does not require a primer on most common construction surfaces. However, in some cases, it may be necessary to prime concrete or other surfaces for optimum adhesion. To determine whether a primer is required a sample should be tested.
How To Use
- Apply using a standard sealant gun.
- Cut tip from the cartridge, be careful not to damage the screw thread.
- Cut the nozzle at an angle of 45° to an opening slightly larger than the gap to be sealed, and fix to the cartridge.
- Smooth down within 10 minutes using a slightly wetted spatula or sponge.
- Do not tool down after the skin has started to form.
- Do not saturate the surface with water as this will delay the curing process. CAULK-MATE can be painted over with emulsion paint as soon as skin forms, approx after 1 hour. (longer if temps are lower than average, heat the room a little..)
- For oil-based paints, allow drying completely for 24-48 hours before overpainting.
- Remove excess product with a damp cloth.
Not suitable when:
- applied at temperatures below +5°C
- used in joints constantly immersed in water
- used in contact with bituminous products
- used in areas of high abrasion, e.g. floor joints
- joints that are subject to movement.
- Includes 300ml EU3 tube – White
Requires an application gun/tool, see our shop.